UNDER CONSTRUCTION

21.7.08

Urbandub @ UP in the Visayas Iloilo City

Posted by keSSen On 6:20 PM No comments

An annual rock concert is held at the UPV Iloilo City campus which is organized by the UPV Marketing Society, Inc. As far as I can remember, on 2004, it was Bamboo, and Spongecola the following year. Last Friday, July 18, it was Urbandub with Dietwormz, a local band in Iloilo.

I watched the concert because of a friend. Honestly, I don't know any of their songs - shame on me. It was then that I discovered how good the band is. They create good real good music. I like their songs and how they perform. Astig c Lalay (bassist), she rocks! John, on lead guitars, did the "guitar spin" which amazed the young guy in front of me who was obviously a die-hard fan of the band.

Urbandub is a Filipino rock band from Cebu. The band's members are Gabby Alipe (lead vocals, guitar), John Dinopol (lead guitar, vocals), Lalay Lim (bass), and Jan Mendoza (drums). They are said to be the first indie band who has released albums in the country through EMI. The band has a total of four albums so far: Birth (2001), Influence (2003), Embrace (2005), Under Southern Lights (2007).

A Pinoy rock band that creates good music. A true pride of the Philippines. \m/

0 comments: